Thursday, July 19, 2018

Another Great Local Find: Beauty Fix Detoxifying Charcoal Facial Scrub


Beauty Fix Detoxifying Charcoal Facial Scrub
Bought for: P129/170g
Bought from: SM Store online

I always think Beautyfix is somehow a dupe merk for the famous and well-loved St. Ives which I have been repurchasing non-stop and never run out of. While I was browsing online, I spotted Beauty Fix Charcoal Detoxifying Scrub and thought of getting one for myself because first, never tried any Beautyfix scrub before and secondly, I haven't tried a facial scrub infused with charcoal. Knowing charcoal, they are mostly used to control oil which is my biggest duduk perkara to date. There's always a first time in everything, I guess.

I wasn't able to find information about Beautyfix or the product itself but I know that this is a local brand. I also tried to find reviews about this particular product but to no avail. Well, if ever, I am honored to do the initial review hehe. Anyway, if you have been visiting Watsons regularly, shelves of Beautyfix are smack right in the middle of the hallways so it's impossible not to miss it. We might all be pretty aware of their Apricot Scrubs but never a day I drop by Watsons and spotted this charcoal scrub. Could it be a new release? I can only guess.



Claims
Beauty Fix Detoxifying Facial Scrub is specially formulated with activated charcoal that deeply penetrates into pores to draw out impurities and toxins. It contains natural exfoliants that gently unclogs pores by removing oil, dead skin cells and dirt for smoother, healthy-looking skin.
Packaging

Comes in a sleek black tube type of packaging, dispensing the product is quite easy as it does not settle on the bottom. It has all necessary information too like claims, direction for use, ingredients and caution. Judging from the ingredient list, I am glad that it does not contain any paraben.


Texture, Consistency and Ease of Application

The scrub has a rich, creamy consistency and comes in a gray-colored formula with a faint floral scent. Looking closely, it has orange and black granules which I presume are mixed apricot and charcoal powders. They aren't synthetic so it's safe to say that it's also eco-friendly. The formula reminds me of St. Ives', very creamy and blendable, also loaded with scrubs that buffs away skin's roughness to reveal a softer, clearer-looking skin. A little of it goes a long way so you don't need a lot every application. That makes it economical too! The scrubs are fine and non-abrasive but still textured to be intended for body use. Nevertheless, you still might want to be careful because too much exfoliation could lead to irritation.


Overall Performance

It is indeed a luxury to apply this product on the skin because of its soft, whipped-like texture. It also does not feel drying or irritating at all. I feel like the scrub works to give an instant massage on tired skin and the very nice scent calms the senses. It effectively soften the skin, clean the pores without me breaking out though I didn't notice any significant reduction in my sebum production even after three weeks of use (twice-thrice a week). Nonetheless, I would say that this product clarifies and brighten the skin after every use. Considering the price point, this product is definitely a steal! I am really looking for locally-produced products that are affordable, cruelty-free and effective and Beauty Fix Detoxifying Charcoal Facial Scrub is one to consider!


Have you heard of this product before? If not, do you think you'll get one for yourself? You might want to check at the nearest Watsons or buy it online at the SM Store. Let me know what you think in the comments down below!

💕💕💕

Keep updated by following me on my social media accounts:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theskincarefreak/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hannapoleng/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hannapoleng
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeJZrWvwomBCAgC-JKhNe5A
Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/@hannapoleng
Fashiolista: http://www.fashiolista.com/#!/profile/hannapoleng/items

No comments:

Post a Comment