Thursday, July 19, 2018

Tough On Waterproof Makeup: Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover


Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover
Bought for: Present | SRP: $19 (Around P1000/125ml)

I love having mascaras and lip liquids that are long-wearing and waterproof but the pain and tugging to do afterwards stops me dead in tracks. I never thought that these old goodies from my mom's stash would be a holy grail for me. My mom do not wear heavy makeups nor obsessed with beauty products unlike her daughter to be honest. I wouldn't wonder why these deluxe sizes of makeup removers are untouched for a few months ever since my aunt overseas sent her these together with a few skincare items only I am interested in. Long story short, I decided to try one because my Loreal Voluminous Paradise Waterproof Mascara is such a pain to remove and all the other micellar waters I have just wouldn't work.


Claims (as per Clinique)
Skin Types: All. Our best-selling makeup remover. Totally tug-less formula whisks away makeup. Dissolves and "lifts away" long-wearing makeup, even waterproof mascara. Non-irritating, non-stinging. No parabens. No phthalates. No fragrance. Just happy skin.

Ingredients


Water\Aqua\Eau, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol


Packaging

Just like the one in full-size, Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover comes in a sturdy purple plastic bottle that has this unusual direction to unscrew. Basically, you have to press the cap downwards and twist at the same time to open. I think its good too because the product is completely sealed and protected. If you travel a lot, these are good deluxe sizes to bring with.

Scent, Consistency and Ease of Application

I can barely detect any distinguishable scent. When you look closely, the formulation looks like liquid and oil--oil floating above the liquid so you have to shake every time you use it. You can expect that it has a thin oily texture but it's not bothersome at all especially you'll have to rinse it afterwards. If you have dry skin, this is better for you because it gives a good level of hydration to the skin. Applying it is quite easy because you just have to shake well and unscrew, apply a tiny bit to a cotton ball, swipe to areas and rinse with water.


Performance

By far, this is the only eye and lip makeup remover that easily removes waterproof mascara and lipsticks in a few swipes. Check out the demo! I applied a smudge-proof eyeliner, liquid lipstick, my toughest-removing mascara and waterproof brow product on the back of my arms, grab a cotton pad and swipe it gently on the swatches in one quick motion. See how it almost remove them without tugging and irritation. I basically use this to remove mascaras and liquid lipsticks at the end of the day and I don't have any problems with this product. It doesn't sting the eyes and does not make me accidentally pluck hairs from my lashes. I love how this product saves me time in removing all the long-wearing makeup I have on. It just works well with any type of makeup and would leave your skin clearer-looking and hydrated, no wonder why this is a best-selling from Clinique.



It may seem quite pricey given the suggested retail price of $19 for the full-size (non-inclusive of sales tax yet), but a little would definitely go a long way already! I wouldn't mind spending that amount if it means I get to save time removing my makeup without hurting my skin and causing damage. Eye and lip areas are sensitive and a little pressure could cause serious long-term damage on those parts so might as well take care of it with the gentlest product as possible.

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover just received a lot of praises from me and I definitely would highly recommend this to everyone!


💕💕💕

Keep updated by following me on my social media accounts:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theskincarefreak/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hannapoleng/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hannapoleng
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeJZrWvwomBCAgC-JKhNe5A
Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/@hannapoleng
Fashiolista: http://www.fashiolista.com/#!/profile/hannapoleng/items

No comments:

Post a Comment